Saturday, November 29, 2008

Expectations

Have you ever wondered what people really come to church for? I have. Have you ever sat through a service where it felt like you were on dynamite, only to leave feeling disappointed? I have.
With this in mind, consider, what would happen if we all came expecting God to manifest Himself in that service? I think our services would explode as He really did manifest Himself! He loves to fulfill our expectations. He gets great joy from meeting and supplying our needs. I ask, Do we have a need greater than a manifestation of His glory in our lives? I don't.
I have been in an atmosphere were people came with great expectations and then were people came with low expectations. I prefer the first!
My mind goes back to a particular time at our church in Rio Dell, CA. It seemed that each service got better and better as God met our growing expectations. It was a common event for God to do the miraculous. In one service we saw a broken foot healed (cast was removed in service), in another nicotene addiction lifted (four packs a day), in another eye conditions healed, in another cancers healed, etc. Then in one service we saw God perform several miracles at one time. We were annointing the sick with oil and as we did people were receiving their healing immediately. One lady began to scream as the swelling went down in her broken foot, my son was healed instantly of asthma, other miracles also were performed. We came expecting and God exceeded our expectations!

What are you Expecting God to do in your life?!

1 comment:

TEAM Ministry said...

Great thought! Come expecting it too happen and don't be surprised when it does.

Thanks for Sharing!